From 2003 onwards, annual Coordination Workshops were conducted to exchange information and views, to interpret and discuss the aggregated data on transboundary aquifers, and to develop detailed activity programmes or new initiatives.
- The first Coordination Workshop was held in Montevideo, Uruguay, on 24 and 25 September 2003. Twenty countries were represented, including Haiti and the Dominican Republic from the Caribbean. This workshop provided an ideal forum for Member States to plan actions in the framework of the UNESCO/OAS ISARM Americas Programme (report in English, pdf 0.8 MB) .
- The second Coordination Workshop took place 10-12 November 2004 at the U.S. International Boundary Water Commission (IBWC) facilities in El Paso, Texas. USA. Emphasis during this workshop was on presentation of case studies and transboundary aquifers identified buy the national coordinators (report in English, pdf 2.9 MB).
- The El Paso Workshop was succeeded by the Workshop in São Paulo, Brazil, 30 November through 2 December 2005. National coordinators of seventeen countries were present. This workshop defined a structure for a three-volume report series on transboundary aquifers of the Americas and gave a strong impulse to harmonizing and consolidating the inventory of the region's transboundary aquifers (report in English or in Spanish, pdf 0.7 MB).
- During the period of 20 through 22 November 2006, a fourth Coordination Workshop took place at San Salvador, El Salvador. This workshop focused on legal and instititutinal issues (phase II of the programme) (report in English or in Spanish, pdf 0.5 MB).
- The fifth Coordination Workshop was held in Montréal, Canada, on September 24th - 25th, 2007. (report in English, pdf 0.5 MB or in Spanish, pdf 0.5 MB). During this event the first book of the series UNESCO/OAS ISARM Americas "Preliminary Assessment: Transboundary Aquifer Systems in the Americas" was delivered to the ISARM Focal Points ( 1st Book in Spanish [30 Mb].
- The seventh Coordination Workshop took place in Quito, Ecuador on September 15th - 17th, 2009.